Who doesn't like a quick, easy and delicious meal on the BBQ? I know I do. Most of the time if I'm looking for something fast I turn to burgers or brats. Rarely do I think of chicken, mainly because it can be dry and flavorless unless you've taken time to create a great marinade. Luckily I've got one for you! Not only does this recipe take less than a minute to make, but it also only uses 3 ingredients that you likely have in your fridge right now.
A word of warning: you will need to set aside a couple of hours marinade time in order to get the most out of this recipe. I suggest a minimum of 4, but if you whip it up the night before you will be especially happy.
Below is a quick video of how to make my three ingredient grilled chicken.
Three Ingredient BBQ Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 c. spicy brown mustard
- 4 tbl minced garlic (I use the stuff from a jar)
- 2 tbl dry white wine
- Step 1 Trim any excess fat from your chicken thighs, set aside.
- Step 2 Combine mustard, wine and garlic in a seal-able container and add trimmed chicken thighs.
- Step 3 Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 4 hours, overnight if possible.
- Step 4 Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and remove your marinated chicken from the fridge.
- Step 5 BBQ your chicken thighs for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Make sure cook these babies hot and fast to build up a good char, otherwise they can end up slimy.
- Step 6 Enjoy!