Is there anything better than the sweet, sweet combination of beer and cheese? Okay, so I know most people are thinking "didn't you mean wine and cheese?!", but if you haven't given this combination a go you are really missing out on life. I got this recipe from a coworker when I was working at Kohl's head office in Wisconsin. The home to cheese heads and beer lovers, it is no surprise this was a hit in the office.
I am the first to admit that this is not considered "gourmet", or fancy, or even fresh - it is full of preservatives, beer and cheese. But oh my gosh is it delicious. You will never have another picnic, poker night or pot luck as good as the one you bring this dish to (its also great for when you are super hungover on the couch).
One of the best things about this dish? It is SUPER simple to make. Seriously, all you do is mix the ingredients in one bowl and leave in the fridge overnight. That's it.
The ingredients you need are:
Mix them all together and voila! The perfect dip. This is best served with thick salted pretzels - if you get those skinny ones they break instantly as the dip has a bit of oomph to it. Enjoy!
Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 8oz cream cheese blocks, softened
- 1 ranch seasoning packet
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup beer (lager, pilsner or IPA - not a stout)
- Step 1 Mix together cream cheese, ranch packet and cheddar cheese
- Step 2 Pour in your beer, mixing slowing (it takes a few minutes to combine with the cream cheese mixture)
- Step 3 Cover and let it sit in fridge overnight
- Step 4 Take out 30min prior to serving to allow to soften. Best served with pretzels.