If you are anything like me, you love quotes. There's something about the witty directness of them that appeals to me. With a quote, there is no time to provide a lead-up, or extra content. It is what it is. Of course there are thousands of terrible quotes out there, but when you come across a great one you always remember it. Therefore, I thought it would be appropriate to share with you my top 10 quotes on booze...
1. "I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself."
2. "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, That's as good as they're going to feel all day."
3. "Alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems."
4. “Happiness is having a rare steak, a bottle of whisky, and a dog to eat the rare steak.”
5. “I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food.”
6. "Stop trying to make everyone happy.
You're not tequilla."
7. "Madame, I may be drunk, but you are ugly, and tomorrow I will be sober."
8. "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer."
~Arnold Schwarzenegger (this quote is best said in a strong Austrian accent)~
9. "Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, 'It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
10. "I only drink Champagne when I’m happy, and when I’m sad. Sometimes I drink it when I’m alone. When I have company, I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I am not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it – unless I’m thirsty."
~Lily Bollinger, proprietor of French Champagne house Bollinger~